As many of you are well aware, Whitehorse Churches Care are working towards the Whitehorse Winter Shelter 2021. The shelter provides an opportunity for Christians to work together, responding to homelessness, offering hospitality, safety and care within our church buildings. The project itself requires significant volunteer input over the three-month period (June-August) and often has a profound impact on those who are involved as well as their churches – it’s a very unique opportunity to journey alongside those who are often on the edges of our community. WCC would also really appreciate prayer for the project – in particular the permitting which is a tricky process!
Information sessions for any interested people will be held on:
- Sunday 21st March at 1.30pm (NewHope Baptist Church)
- Tuesday 23rd March at 7.30pm (St Tom’s Burwood)
- Wednesday 31st March at 7.30pm (Zoom)
Potential volunteers can register for the info sessions via this link here.
If you are unfamiliar with the project, the following videos give a good picture:
- Pilot Project https://youtu.be/Tl3SZX8VA9o
- James’ Story https://youtu.be/k-VkfFiv_dk
- Volunteer story: https://youtu.be/_hix-6ECL-w