Sunday 10th October, 9:30am sermon by Ps Ian Beaman
Questions for Discussion (Matt 16:1-12)
1. Why do the Pharisees and Sadducees ask for a sign, when there had been multiple occasions when they would have witnessed the blind, lame and demon possessed being healed?
2. What was the “sign of Jonah”? Was Jesus looking forward to his three days in the tomb as analogous to the three days Jonah was in the belly of the fish? If so, how could the Pharisees have known this would happen?
3. What is the “teaching of the Pharisees”?
4. Why is this teaching likened to yeast or leaven?
5. Why are the disciples warned to “beware of this teaching”, and how does this warning apply to us today?