Sunday 14th February, 9am sermon by Rev Dr. Andrew Menzies
Join us as Andrew covers the prophecy about Jesus found in Matt 4. Feel free to use the below questions for small group or personal study.
Questions for discussion – Matthew 4:12-17
- This passage is about preparation for something that is coming that will change everything (the Kingdom of Heaven). How do you feel when you are given a warning about the imminence of something arriving? Does it change your behaviour? How?
- What are the differences of ethics and values between Jesus’ kingdom and an earthly kingdom?
- Describe what the Kingdom of Heaven (Kingdom of God) is? (Hint: this will seem easy but the further you dig the harder it will get!)
- Taking Scot McKnight’s 5 requirements for a kingdom discuss how these criteria are fulfilled in earthly kingdoms and also in Jesus’ kingdom…
- You have to believe that there is a monarch.
- You have to have monarch who rules.
- The monarch has to have a people.
- The monarch has a will expressed through laws and culture.
- The monarch has a land.