MBC COVID Response Team
12 November 2020
The CRT met this week to consider and apply the recent changes by the government. There is more good news with the government further relaxing the restrictions.
This will allow us to have church services onsite again. We are aiming for this to occur from the 29th November and are working through how we can do this, whilst complying with all the government requirements.
How we do Church will look a bit different:
– there will be a limit on the number of people able to attend services. So you may only be able to attend every second week.
– church might be at a different time to 10am. We need to cater for the morning English service, Chinese Congregation, Chin Congregation and Night Church so we are considering how we can do that within the requirements.
– you will need to wear a mask in church (unless you have a legal exemption).
– you are going to have to keep your distance from people, unfortunately no hugging, hand shakes, you might be required to sit in a specific area and only be in that area with a small number of people, you won’t be able to hang around after church, or have a coffee and catch up with people. So why not plan to go to a park or café after church and catch up with them there.
– you’ll need to sign when you arrive and out when you leave
– if you are sick with any COVID related symptoms, you won’t be able to come to church
We will provide more specific information in the coming weeks about it.
We hope you are as excited as we are to be able to return to church.
The CRT is regularly meeting to look at the changes and work out how they can be safely applied at MBC.
Please don’t hesitate to contact us if you have any questions.
Matt Crouch, Andrew Menzies, Owen Woodall and Rob Bell.